Prof. Giovanni Miniello's studio offers the following services:
- Specialist medical examinations
- Pap test
- HPV test
- Diagnosis and treatment of HPV lesions (warts, dysplasia, or CIN)
- Radiofrequency Surgery
- Gynaecological and obstetric ultrasound
- Wet mount Microscopy of vaginal fluor
- Wet mount Dermo-cytogram
- Wet mount Microscopy of the buccal cavity
- Wet mount Uro-cytogram for cystitis
Wet mount microscopy
The wet mount of vaginal fluor or in phase contrast allows for an immediate microbiological evaluation. It is also a valuable aid in the diagnosis of pre-cancerous lesions on the cervix. Finally, it provides valuable information about hormonal conditions (menstrual cycle, pregnancy, menopause).
Wet mount uro-cystogram
The wet mount uro-cystogram displays, in real time, the adhesion of bacteria to the cells of the urinary tract, responsible for cystitis.
Colposcopy is a second level examination in the presence of an abnormal Pap test result and it dramatically reduces false negative Pap tests.